Before you start, please ask yourself
HOW IT WORKS
- Pitch: Topic, approach, & genre
- Feedback: We aim to send feedback within 4 weeks
- First draft: Get writing & submit a draft to our editors
- Revisions: We’ll review your piece & discuss changes
- Publication: We’ll schedule your work then publish & promote it
- Non-Fiction: 1000-word limit
- (Flash) Fiction: 1500-word limit
- Poetry: 3 pieces, 1 page each
- Experimental: 800-word limit
- Reviews: 800-word limit
- Current Theme: GIVING
- Wellbeing: Self-care, positive mental health, mindfulness
- Stories: Share your experience & what’s helped along the way
- Culture: Events, music, reviews, research, campaigns, topical
- Student Life: Reflections on the unique pressures of student life
- Anonymity: You may remain anonymous, use a pen name, or use only your first name.
- Triggering language: Please avoid going into specific detail or using romanticised descriptions of behaviours or events as this may be unhelpful or triggering to others—there’s a more detailed explanation of this here.
- We are aware that interpretation of language is subjective and try to be conscious of how different people may interpret a piece—we will always err on the side of caution when a piece may be open to negative interpretation.
- Revisions: We might send your work back for some revisions; this does not mean that your work isn’t valuable or well written. We just want to help you tell your story in the most effective way.
- Payment: We are a not-for-profit social enterprise and due to our funding model, we’re unable to pay contributors at this time.
- We’re happy to share links to our contributors’ donation sites, published work, and social media, as well as future work and projects. We also love helping contributors develop their skills, and provide in-depth feedback and guidance when requested.
- We are hoping this will change in the future and our Managing Editor is looking into funding models that will help us support marginalised writers – we will post updates as soon as we have any.
- Guidelines: We encourage everyone to read our full guidelines before submitting their work.
Written Submission Form