Before you start, please ask yourself
HOW IT WORKS
- Guidelines: Please read these before submitting your work
- Submit: Send your piece or idea using the form below
- Review: We aim to reply within 4 weeks
- Revisions: We’ll discuss changes
- Publication: We’ll schedule your work then publish & promote it
- Mixed media
- Digital art
- Current Theme: GIVING
- Wellbeing: Self-care, positive mental health, mindfulness
- Stories: Share your experience & what’s helped along the way
- Culture: Events, music, reviews, research, campaigns, topical
- Student Life: Reflections on the unique pressures of student life
- Anonymity: You may remain anonymous, use a pen name, or use only your first name.
- Triggering imagery: Please avoid depicting specific detail or using romanticised visualisations of behaviours or events as this may be triggering or unhelpful to others—there’s a more detailed explanation of this here.
- We are aware that interpretation of art is subjective and try to be conscious of how different people may interpret a piece—we will always err on the side of caution when a piece may be open to negative interpretation.
- Feedback: This doesn’t mean your art isn’t good or valuable. We just want to help you showcase your art in the most effective way.
- Payment: We are a not-for-profit social enterprise and due to our funding model, we’re unable to pay contributors at this time.
- We’re happy to share links to our contributors’ donation sites, published work, and social media, as well as future work and projects. We also love helping contributors develop their skills, and provide in-depth feedback and guidance when requested.
- We are hoping this will change in the future and our Managing Editor is looking into funding models that will help us support marginalised writers – we will post updates as soon as we have any.
- Specifications: These can be found here.
Art Submission Form